We as humans, all know it is part of life to we seek out a specialist in our daily lives based on education, affordability and quality of service. So shouldn’t it be the same for hiring a wedding planner? The majority of couples that come to us are paying for the wedding themselves, both have full time careers and very little time to put together the celebration they really desire.
In today’s world, wedding planners have become more of a necessity than luxury. So you’re newly engaged and just like anyone else you do a Google search for wedding planners and a list of planners appear on the 1st page. However, just because a planner is one the 1st page doesn’t mean they are the best, this is for anything, not just weddings.
A reputable planner surrounds themselves with vendors and colleagues to meet everyone needs and budgets whatever it is. Make some calls to locals vendors, venue managers and shop owners that work with a planner you are interested in and ask them, how they really are behind the scenes to work with.
Ok, end of lecture… Cut and dry, the right planner will save you time and money AND most importantly stress! A wedding planners goal should be to make sure the bride and groom NEVER lose focus on their wedding when planning, acting as a the middle man or woman between the couple and the vendors assuring a stress free planning journey
Top 10 reasons to hire a Wedding Planner:
1. Saves time– Planning wedding takes enormous amount of time. In fact, the average couple spends well over 200 hours planning their special day. A good wedding planner will save you time and energy by researching vendors, taking care of the many, many details, and coming up with various creative ideas to make your wedding amazing!
2. Saves money– Weddings can be extremely expensive. However, by hiring a wedding planner, couples can save a great deal of money. Because wedding planners provide so much business to vendors, they are often able to negotiate discounts for their clients. Wedding planners are also well-versed at helping couples set budgets and sticking to them.
3. Saves relationships – Weddings are very stressful. This stress often results in many arguments for couples as well as with family members and friends. Wedding planners have been there time and time again and know how to avoid such problems before they begin as well as act as a buffer when there are conflicts. Wedding planners are also able to take on the responsibilities often assigned to loved ones so that everyone is able to enjoy the wedding. Remember, you still want a relationship with your mother well after your wedding!
4. Ensures dreams are made realities– Most have been dreaming of their wedding day their entire life. Wedding planners work for the couple and ensure that all desires are met (and often surpassed)!
5. Offers advice – Wedding planners have planned countless weddings and know exactly what works and what doesn’t. They are also knowledgeable on wedding etiquette. Furthermore, wedding planners are able to recommend competent vendors, based on personal experience.
6. Acts as the “go to person” – The average wedding has at least 22 different vendors. Combine that with the entire wedding party and all of the guests and that is a lot of people with questions and concerns! By hiring a wedding planner, couples can simply tell others “talk to the wedding planner!”
7. Creates schedules– There are so many events leading up to the big day! Couple that with the many things that happen during the wedding and who can keep track? The wedding planner can! Wedding planners are well-versed at making detailed itineraries for all involved (including other vendors) and making sure that everything happens on time!
8. Handles crisis – Whether we like it or not, most big events involve crisis. Who really wants to deal on their wedding day with the bakery not delivering the cake on time or the flower girl throwing a tantrum? No one! Wedding planners know how to handle all unforeseen circumstances.
9. Orchestrates from rehearsal through the end of reception – Do you want to be responsible for organizing rehearsal or making sure the bridal party is properly lined up? How about making sure that the guest who had a little too much to drink departs safely? Wedding planners orchestrate from rehearsal through the end of the reception, ensuring everything goes off without a hitch!
10. Minimizes stress and maximizes fun!– Hiring a wedding planner ensures that you will have a worry-free and stress-free day, thus, allowing you to enjoy your day like your guests!
Happy Beginnings, Mike