Good afternoon friends! I plan a lot of weddings in which the couple wants to do something to add a little bit of flavor to their wedding day but often get asked “how can I do so?” Don’t worry it is completely normal! So to help you out a little bit I have developed a list of ideas to help you out if you want to personalize your wedding a little bit, Enjoy!
1. Choose a venue that feels like you- Whether it already has things incorporated or not. You don’t want to pick a place that absolutely doesn’t look like you. You want to pick a venue that is close to your own personal style.
2. Write your own vows- Take pen to paper and write straight from the heart. Have someone who is near and dear to you do a reading.
3. Start with the tabletop- Personalizing the look of the wedding can be as easy as adding an overlay of fabric over the basic table cloth that’s already provided. And decorate each napkin, whether it’s adding a sprig of rosemary or a fun little note that you can put on the tables. Pinterest is always a good way to look up fun ideas!
4. Create your own table numbers- Instead of using the plastic table numbers that come with every catering facility, make your own!
5. Have fun with the way you word your menu card- instead of having it say, ‘In honor of, you could say ‘Let’s eat!’ or something fun like that.
6.Create a signature cocktail- Now more than ever, people are into the whole cocktail experience. Skies the limit, whatever reflects your own style DO IT!
7. Feel free to indulge with an ice-cream bar stocked with your favorite flavors.
8. Summer ceremony? It gets HOT here in Charleston during the summer so a good way to keep your guests cool is to have your wedding programs printed on paper fans.
9. Ask your videographer to set up a stationary camera and let guest’s record messages—It’s a video guest book!
Remember it’s your day and it can be everything and more than you ever imagined. Be honest, creative and asys, “enjoy the ride.”
Happy Beginnings! Mike